Monday, September 7, 2009

Boxes......

Post are a little slow around here. Things are a bit crazy, but thought I would give you a little update on what's up.


We've moved! Back to the farm house that I grew up in. We have been so looking forward to this for awhile now, and it's actually happened. My mom built a house in town in order for us to move out to the farm. Since we full time farm, and have cattle it made the most sense.


So much of my summer included packing, packing and more PACKING. Really, if I see another box or have to haul loads back and forth, I think I will have a break down! It was pretty overwhelming, but worth it. How do you help someone pack up a house that she had lived in for 45ish years. The burning barrel was going non stop it seemed! And let me tell you, we are going to have one heck of a garage sale soon! (the money raised will go to a project when we go over to Ethiopia.) It was emotionally hard for my mom at some times, but we made it through. I am so thankful to be here.


The day we actually moved was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Adam came in to the old house and said "we're caught up combining and I have the day to move. Let's do it!!!" Uhhh, ok. It was a hectic day, but we got most things out here.


It wasn't until I was driving to the farm with the last load, while driving past the cemetery that my dad is buried at, (only about 1 mile from our farm) that it hit me. The only reason we were blessed to be able to move to the farm house was because he was gone. If he was still alive, we would not be moving. As I stopped by the grave, and had a huge bawl, I remembered how much I miss my dad.


The first night even though I was dog tired, I was wound up. It was a little weird sleeping in mom and dad's room. But such is life.



Now I am UNpacking, Unpacking and more UNPACKING!!! Once I find my camera I will post some pics of our new home.


Oh and then on top of all the other stress of moving, we got a puppy!! She is cute, and did well with the transition. But really, let's just add more to the pot!


Until a few more boxes are unpacked.....

post signature




7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like the house really means a lot to you. You are lucky to be able to move back there and have family so close by. Good luck with the unpacking! Nothing like a move to purge the extra junk around the house!


Carolyn

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Congrats on moving! I moved back into my old childhood home almost a year ago! Same thing here..it was so wierd to see my parents move out. They bought a new house on the lake and was going to sale the house and I freaked out!! So now my daughter is growing up in the same room I did:) enjoy!

Jess said...

wow... I feel exhausted just reading your post! Good luck with the unpacking!

Rachel said...

Wow! You've been so busy! Hope the transition continues to go smoothly!

Ian said...

I think about your dad every time I pass the cemetery. I miss him also. I know he would be proud of you and Adam. Looking forward to seeing you in your old / new place. How great for Jayden and Nevaeh.

Ranavan said...

Your dad will be so happy to know that you are raising your girls in the farm house...

Can't wait to see photos of all 4 of you in front of it.

Heidi said...

Best of luck with the move... So glad that you can keep the farm house in the family. I would be so sad if my mom and dad sold their house. My brother lives in our grandparents house. Nothing like keeping it all in the family. Ha!

Heidi

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP