Monday, May 18, 2009

Not me Monday....

Are you feeling ashamed for letting your child go to bed without brushing his teeth...again? Did you Twitter on your cell phone during a meeting without anyone knowing? Feel bad for screaming at the cat or eating Pop Tarts and coffee for breakfast? Are you embarrassed that you are far from perfect? We'll don't be. Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing! check out Mckmama's blog who is the author of Not me Monday's..........

When I was laying in bed on Sunday morning, after coming home late Saturday from the drive in, I did not think about skipping church because I was so tired from being out late, and not sleeping well...Nope, not me.

Since I'm trying AGAIN to lose weight, I most definitely did not eat a 1.89 Litre of Rolo ice cream in 7 days....by myself, because that is like........12000 calories(well hopefully not that much), that would not help in the weight loss program. I am SO glad that I didn't do that, cause that is how I got where I am, emotionally eating, so good thing I DIDN'T DO IT.

Oh and I did not obsess over checking people's blogs or adoption boards to see who was getting the referrals this week. Never would I check every hour to see if someone had posted about receiving some sort of news, that would waste a lot of my time, interrupting what I was doing just to check. I mean, why wouldn't I just check once at the end of the day instead... Nope...not I.

I would Never ever tell my 5 year old daughter that her favorite #3 cow was getting SOLD instead of telling her the truth that in fact he gone because he is going to be in our deep freeze, providing us with meals for the year...that would be dishonest..so good thing I didn't do that.

I wouldn't even think about checking out this website on barrettes and buys some for my daughter who I don't even know yet. That would be impulsive and I certainly am NOT and impulse buyer. It's a good thing I didn't do that..No, not me.

I didn't call my adoption agency this week, and ask them if they thought I shouldn't be booking a trip to Mexico at Christmas, hoping that they would say, ohhhh you better not, you might be travelling to Ethiopia instead. I would NEVER think about bothering them, when they are busy getting referrals out. And I didn't almost swear, when they told me to go ahead, because they thought that it wouldn't be a problem. Nope not me...

And lastly, I certainly did not tell myself at Christmas 08 that it would be our last Christmas with just the three of us.....No....not me.

Cheers


8 comments:

Kelly said...

Waiting must be the hardest part of adoption. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are also adopting from Ethiopia too.

I keep thinking I should check message boards once a day too but I never manage to stick to that. I need to know everything that's going on as it happens.

Ramona said...

Oh my... I'm not checking blogs and boards over and over either... and have never checked for hair things for our children that we don't even know will include a girl...nor have I been waiting for CAFAC to call about those referrals
Ramona
(and honestly- no longer for the "game" I didn't call them..yet...didn't want to slow them down...but all weekend wished I knew...but how disappointing that you were told to go ahead and book a different trip...)

Kathy Lang said...

How did you get involved with an Ethiopian adoption? We completed a newborn adoption domestically through American Adoptions. Our daughter will be 2 in July! I have a biological daughter that will be 14 in three days. Is your first child adopted or biological? Just wondering....

Kathy Lang said...

Forgot to leave our blog address...
http://karaannelang.blogspot.com

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Not me checking in on blogs and boards even though my baby is home already. Not me anticipating my blogger friends getting referrals.

Evelyn said...

Great post! You are funny and refreshingly honest (though I know it wasn't you).

Glad to find your blog!

Janice said...

Your post made me laugh.

I didn't buy my kids M&M's at the store yesterday so I could have some (or should I say most of them) even though I know I don't need them... Yes I did.

I didn't call my caseworker to see if I need to inform her of my whereabouts this summer (because we won't be home much) in case of a referral... Yes I did. Of course I would have informed her anyway.

I don't have a shopping bag hidden in my closet full of cute clothes that I have already bought for my future daughter... Yes I do.

Thanks for the honesty.

Waiting for Zufan! said...

Ha! This was funny. There sure are some things I haven't done lately, either. :)

(found you through Evelyn's blog)

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP